May 4th 2018
Capital Markets Manager
The US-affiliate of one of Asia’s largest vertically-integrated real estate development, construction, property management, engineering and materials firms.
The Capital Markets Manager will be responsible for financing structures, capital markets transactions and other related initiatives; including supporting the negotiation of loan conditions, lender relationships and compliance with financing documentation. Additional responsibilities will include ensuring that the controls and overall direction of the capital markets process are efficient, accurate and aligned with requirements, policies, and treasury systems.
Specific responsibilities to include:
– Participate in the structuring, negotiating, coordinating and implementing of financing agreements and transactions including bank and other real estate financing methods;
– Reach out and negotiate with banks, EB5 regional centers, and other financial institutions;
– Review loan conditions, anticipate possible problems and propose possible solutions;
– Consolidate and provide all information required by banks and other financial institutions (e.g. draft offering memo);
– Research and analyze various financing products in the market and prepare reports;
– Expand financing channels and assist in developing the company’s financing platform in the future;
– Prepare company capital report for management;
– Reconcile capital inflow related to project sales in accordance sale agreement;
– Perform other related tasks as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance or other related discipline required, Advanced degree preferred, CFA preferred;
– 3-5 years of related experience;
– Written and oral proficiency in Mandarin required;
– Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
– Capital Markets and financing knowledge required;
– Real Estate Experience preferred.
Please email Sun-Sun de Swaan firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ACRES.
July 12th 2017
Assistant Investment Manager / Investment Manager
About the Company
Real Estate development / private equity in China. The company develops top quality, large scale urban mixed use project in China, and invests its balance sheet funds and other funds under management in the US. Historically the investment has been focused in New York but a wider range of geographic areas are being considered.
- Provide overall support for acquisition and investment management initiatives
- Analyze investment opportunities, prepare underwriting of properties
- Develop presentations, such as internal investment memo or external offering memorandum
- Perform various analyses to assist in making investment decisions, including building or reviewing financial models
- Liaison US and headquarter communication
- Assist due diligence and execution of transactions
- Prepare market research reports and investment recommendations for senior management
- Assist with deal sourcing, legal negotiation and transaction executions
- Monitor, track, and report critical dates
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate from overseas university a minimum, graduate degree preferred.
- 3 – 6 years working experience in real estate development, investment or advisory at leading firms
- Excellent command of English and Chinese
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent command of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication skill
- Team player, be able to work under pressure
May 22nd, 2017
Business Development Associate
Jewel Capital is a fast-growing commercial real estate capital advisory firm based in New York City. We are specialized in structuring and placing debt, mezzanine and equity financing in Northeast region. Our most competitive advantage is to provide our clients with tailored, best-in- class financing solutions.
Jewel Capital Inc. is looking for several full-time Business Development Associates to develop new commercial real estate loans in the NYC metro areas. This position will be working directly with the director of Business Development. This position is designed to help candidates gain experience in RE industry and professional and interpersonal skills.
As a Jewel Capital member, you will gain exposure to working in a high-efficient, energetic and creative working style environment within the Financial/Real Estate Industry – balanced with BD-specific activities, executive level presentations and networking opportunities—while under the close supervision and guidance of in-house mentor.
This position’s responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Leverage existing leads and develop new relationships
- Develop new commercial real estate loans
- Maintain and manage client relationships
- Promote brand awareness and marketing
The ideal candidate is the person who is interested in expanding his or her knowledge of the real estate finance industry and gaining exposure to complex, creative financial transactions, while participating as an active member of the team.
- Fast learner
- Honest and responsible
- Excellent Team player
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Detail and result oriented
- 1+ year sales related experience
- Basic knowledge in commercial real estate finance
- Proficient in more than one language
- U.S. citizenship and green card holder
- Entrepreneurial spirits
- Down-to- earth individual
To apply, please send your resume to HR@jewel-capital.com
May 21st, 2017
Anchor Real Estate Capital is a private equity investment management firm focused on the acquisition, development and management of real estate assets. Anchor facilitates Asian capital – institutional and high net worth investors – investment into the United States and vice versa.
This position requires an individual with a varied skill set that includes technological, real estate, and analytical skills. The individual must have experience within the real estate market and have a working knowledge of technology (including financial modeling and market study as well as an understanding of basic accounting concepts). Prior experience within a real estate fund manager, property management, consulting, or property development environment is ideal.
The position will be based in Irvine, CA.
Ideal candidate will:
• Underwrite new transactions. Provide financial forecasts, projections, and analyses on prospective property acquisitions nationwide.
• Preliminary market study on potential projects.
• Draft investment memorandum in English and Chinese. Prepare summaries for investment committee approvals.
• Participate in drafting term sheet and contract negotiations.
• Interface with senior executive management, acquisitions team and top investor/developer partners nationwide. Accompany senior execs on transaction conference calls.
• Interact with Chinese investors and participate in road shows.
• Perform on-going performance analysis of projects, funds and companies’ cash flow projections.
• Work on special projects, ad hoc reporting and analysis.
• College degree, preferably in finance, business, or accounting with MBA or MS degree in Real Estate or Finance
• Computer proficiency in spreadsheets and database management systems
• Understanding of investment analysis with high proficiency in financial modeling
• Strong analytic, research and communication skills
• Orientation towards detail and ability to understand financial statements
• Experience working with real estate/affordable housing a major plus but not required
• Mandarin Chinese is a must
• Must be willing to travel
If you are interested in the position, Please send resume to Tia Ren (email@example.com).
May 20th, 2017
Manager of Real Estate and Lease Administration (Crunch Fitness)
Crunch Fitness is an American chain of fitness clubs with locations in the United States, Puerto Rico and Australia. In clubs, members have access to innovative group fitness classes, state-of-the-art equipment, personal and group training, full service locker rooms and much more. Select locations offer an exclusive Crunch retail line that can also be purchased from the Crunch online store.
This position is based in New York, NY.
Key job functions include
- Tracking all key terms and rent obligations for large portfolio of commercial retail leases
- Financial analysis including NPV, ROI, EFFECTIVE RENT, ROC, PIVOT TABLES, financial modeling
- Demographic analysis
- Property Due Diligence
- Competitive analysis
- Tracking negotiation phases of letters of intent and leases
- Lease analysis
- Capable of learning new software programs such as visual lease and site intel
- 1-3 years real estate experience
- Self-starter and hard worker capable of multi-tasking and moving many projects forward on a timely basis.
- Extremely organized and attention to detail
- Genuine interest in real estate and learning
- Takes direction well
- Imaginative and creative approach to problem solving.
If you are interested in the position, Send a resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
March 24th, 2016
Real Estate Accountant/Senior Accountant
Open thru Jun 30th, 2016
This position is sourced by an ACRES friend, a young real estate professional, Alex. The detail is as below:
A rapidly-growing real estate investment firm with over $2 billion of projects executed to date. Looking for a smart team player who can roll up his/her sleeves and grow with us. The company specializes in flagship assets and complex cross-border structures, including blockers, REITs, etc. Looking for an experienced accountant to join the team on a full-time basis.
- Manages and forecasts budgets of ongoing activities
- Tracks and processes firm’s operating costs, travel expenses, and reimbursements
- Coordinates with banks on the maintenance of existing accounts, prepares documents for new account openings, and executes fund transfers
- Prepares statutory and other external reporting for the firm including involvement in the annual external audit process
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Assists in a variety of cross-functional projects
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, partner allocation and other reports on monthly, quarterly and annually basis
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial and legal requirements by enforcing adherence to regulation, advising management on needed actions
- Researches on funds’ underlying portfolio companies and assets
- Maintains relationships with investors, banks, and other fund participants
- Provides assistance in the calculation and filing of tax to ensure accurate and timely completion of all tax compliance work
- Prepare ad hoc reports and conduct analysis as requested by investors
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related disciplines
- Professional qualification in CPA/ACCA /CFA or relevant qualification is preferred but not essential
- 3-5 years’ work experience in PE funds, Big 4, or multinational corporations
- Strong communication skills in English, conversant in Mandarin Chinese (preferred)
- Proficient desktop skills in excel and accounting applications
- A good team player with excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in the position, please contact Alex at email@example.com
March 17th, 2016
Real Estate Development and Investment Analyst
Open thru Jun 30th, 2016
Reputable, privately held, full integrated real estate development and investment company based in NYC. Their focus is on creating high quality mixed-use projects which are rich in detail and originality.
- Working with senior leadership on acquisitions: DD, Underwriting, and Financing.
- Assist in the process of identifying, structuring, negotiating and closing a diverse group of real estate investments, either development or redevelopment.
- Communicate with and report to JV partners, investors and lenders as required
- 2-5 years of relevant real estate acquisitions and development experience in US market.
- Strong quantitative skills in underwriting and financial analysis
- Written and spoken Mandarin
If you are interested in the position, please contact Alex at tby0402+at+gmail.com
May 8th, 2015
Open thru Jun 30th, 2015
This position is sourced by an ACRES friend, a senior real estate developer. If you are interested, please kindly contract Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 8th, 2015
Senior Account in Reputable Commercial Real Estate Company
Open thru May 30th, 2015
Senior Accountant opening with a stable and reputable Real Estate Company based in Riverdale, Bronx. Friendly environment with good Work-Life balance.
• Perform full cycle commercial real estate accounting including journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations.
• Prepare and file RPIE and year-end tax returns.
• Generate monthly Rent Roll.
• Enter cash receipts/tenant rents and monitor A/R balances.
• Maintain property management sub-ledger including both tenant and billing information, process payments
• Respond to tenant questions regarding monthly charges, outstanding amounts due, water/sewer true-ups
• Prepare annual budget and mid-year forecast.
• Prepare/analyze consolidated financial statements for a multi-building commercial real estate portfolio
• Complete special projects as needed.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
• At least 5 years accounting experience in the real estate sector; clear understanding of financial statements (GAAP). Knowledge about Estate Planning a plus.
• Candidate must be detail oriented, a team player with problem-solving skills.
• Intermediate MS Excel and MS Word skills.
• MRI accounting software a plus
This position is sourced by an ACRES member. If you are interested, please kindly contract Warren at email@example.com
April 25th, 2015
New York Based Mandarin Speaking Senior Member
Open thru May 15th, 2015
Cushman & Wakefield NYC is hiring:
– Urgent hire
– Base in NY outbound capital team
– Sr manager/associate director level
– Must have 6-8 year investment, advisory experience
– Candidate must live in NY
– Will have the opportunity to work on large size high profile acquisition/investment advisory
– Salary open
– Mandarin speaker
If you are interested, please kindly forward resume to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org
March 1st, 2015
Shanghai/Tokyo Based Acquisition Professional
Open thru Mar 31st, 2015
PETERS & ASSOCIATES
330 MADISON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10017
Our client is a closely-held, private owner-operator-investor of real estate companies and assets throughout Asia. They have acquired entire companies and existing assets as well as done ground up development for their own account and in partnership with institutional investors. Investment sizes range from US$200 million to over US$1 billion. While they do sell assets opportunistically, their general strategy is to hold for the long term.
An individual with approximately 8 (+/-) years of direct experience analyzing real estate transactions is being sought. Ideally this experience will have been obtained from the ownership/equity perspective (but not securities).
The successful candidate will work in cooperation with senior executives of the firm in assessing, analyzing and modeling assets that might make suitable acquisition candidates. After asset is pre-qualified, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing the due diligence, market surveys, feasibility and sensitivity studies, financing sources and structures, return and waterfall projections and all activities necessary to insure the appropriateness of the transaction for the company’s portfolio. As experience is gained as to the profile of the firm’s preferred strategies and acquisition preferences, this person will be expected to assume responsibility for autonomously managing the acquisition process from start to finish.
Proficiency to conduct most of the business in the local language is being sought and openings exist for those with Mandarin or Japanese capabilities. Depending on the language proficiency the successful candidate will reside in either Shanghai or Tokyo.
Market rate compensation will be according to the overall qualifications.
Interested candidates should respond to
February 17th, 2015
Open thru Mar 31st, 2015
Fosun Group (www.fosun.com) is a China-headquartered international investment firm with 90,000 employees in 6 countries. With an AUM of approximately US$54 Bn, Fosun is one of China’s largest private companies, and has established business lines in Property, Financial Services, Healthcare, Tourism & Commerce, Cultural & Entertainment, Steel, and Mining & Energy. On 16 July 2007, Fosun International (00656.HK), the parent company of Fosun Group, was listed on the main board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Fosun Property Holdings, Fosun Group’s real estate arm, is a leading property investment and development company, with over 60 projects under construction in 26 Chinese cities and annual sales of more than RMB 24.5 billion (approx.US$4 billion).
• Underwriting new acquisitions and development projects.
• Conduct due diligence on projects under consideration by researching, reading financial statements and market data
• Research various aspects of the real estate market.
• Analyze financial performance of potential and current properties and portfolios.
• Analyze economic, legal, political and market conditions within assigned areas.
• Prepare information for management and investor reporting.
• Participate in property disposition process.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in finance, real estate or related fields; MSRE preferred.
• Minimum 2 years oversea real estate development/M&A experience.
• Must have experience participating acquisition projects.
• Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
• Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, as well as proficiency in using ARGUS software.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Written and verbal English and Mandarin a must, Portuguese, Spanish and other European language a plus.
November 13th, 2014
Intern or Full-time acquisitions/investment sales for a real estate fund in New York
Open thru Dec 31st, 2014
The firm provides investment sales service; capital advisory service; investment advisory service and commercial leasing, located in New York City.
Looking for candidate speaks Chinese or Japanese with 1-3 years real estate experiences, must be fluent with excel and determent to work hard and committed.
If anyone has an interest, they can email their resume to Alex at email@example.com.
November 5th, 2014
International Real Estate Acquisition and Asset Management Professional based in Shanghai, China
Open thru Dec 31st, 2014
With USD 50 billion total asset, Fosun is an investment conglomerate focusing on real estate, pharmaceutical, steel, mining, insurance, and private equity. Our goal is to integrate global resources and Chinese growth momentum to deliver the best products and services. For more information, visit http://www.fosun.com/
We are seeking a full time Acquisition and Asset Management professional to join our team in Shanghai, China for strategic international real estate investment mainly in Europe and North America.
The candidate will participate in underwriting new development and acquisition projects, conducting due diligence, and where appropriate presenting such projects to the investment committee. In addition, over time the candidate will be responsible for the asset management of the portfolio. In concert with senior members of the management team, the individual will be charged with developing and implementing the business plans for the assets in the portfolio.
– Underwriting new acquisitions and development projects
– Conduct due diligence on projects under consideration
– Assist in structuring transaction
– Research various aspects of the real estate market
– Participate in investment committee presentations
– Develop and implement an annual business plan for each asset
– Provide day-to-day oversight of property management companies
– Establish leasing objectives, provide oversight of leasing function, manage lease process
– Review financial reports to monitor performance and achieve investment objectives
– Prepare information for management and investor reporting
– Participate in property disposition process
– Minimum undergraduate degree in finance, real estate or a related field
– Minimum 3-5 years acquisition /asset management experience performing above responsibilities, preferably in London or New York
– Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with business partners, and internal staff
– Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
– Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, as well as proficiency in using ARGUS software
– Highly organized, detail oriented, able to handle multiple concurrent projects and able to independently identify and solve key business issues
– Fluent Mandarin and English reading, writing, speaking language skill a must, Portuguese, Spanish and other European language skill a plus
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, where ACRES will forward to our correspondent at Fosun.
October 8th, 2014
Real Estate Analyst
Open thru Nov 30th, 2014
Hentschel & Company is a boutique investment banking advisory firm focused on the real estate and specialty finance industries. Hentschel & Company advises public and private REITs, non-traded REITs, real estate investment funds and other private owners of real estate and real estate debt. Year-to-date in September 2014, Hentschel & Company is the #5-ranked U.S. real estate M&A advisor, advising on nearly $4.5 billion in transaction value. Prior to founding Hentschel & Company in May 2013, Steve Hentschel started the real estate investment banking group at Gleacher & Company in 2009 and built it into a practice that was the #1-ranked REIT M&A advisor by transaction value in the United States in 2012, advising on 5 transaction with a value of $29.5 billion.
Analyst Job Description:
Analysts work directly with senior bankers on execution of live transactions including M&A and strategic advisory, private equity capital raising, real estate portfolio sales, IPO advisory and restructurings, as well as business development.
Complex valuation analysis and financial modeling;
Operating, financial and accounting due diligence;
Preparation of, and participation in, client presentations;
Management of multiple aspects of day-to-day transaction execution.
Class of 2011 – 2014 with strong academic record from top-tier university. Academic focus and/or prior experience in business, finance and accounting preferred. Self-starter with proven analytical capability, excellent oral and written communication skills, intellectual curiosity, and desire to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Fluency in MS Office suite, and MS Excel in particular.
If interested, please email: email@example.com
August 21st, 2014
Open thru September 30th, 2014
Jewel Capital is looking for a full time Analyst/Marketing Intern. The Intern’s main job responsibilities include commercial real estate loan underwriting, application processing and marketing. The Internship position is initially unpaid, but it’s possible to turn paid position based on job performance and productivity. The Intern will be working directly with the firm’s Managing Director.
Jewel Capital Inc. is a boutique New York City-based commercial real estate finance services firm. We work with commercial banks, financial institutions and investment funds to provide our clients with the best financing solutions for multifamily, mixed-use, retail, office, hotel, industrial, land and other special-purpose properties in the Greater New York metropolitan area. At Jewel Capital, we are committed to guiding our clients through every step of the deal-making process.
1) Review loan requests submitted by clients
2) Analyze commercial or construction loans by using company’s underwriting templates
3) Submit complete applications to lenders and follow up
4) Initiate market campaigns (emails, press releases, seminars & events etc.)
5) Other assignments as needed
1) Basic knowledge of commercial real estate finance
2) Strong analytical, interpersonal & problem solving skills
3) Self-starter and needs minimal supervision
4) Responsible and a team worker
5) Real estate degrees or experience preferred
If interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 25, 2014
Legal Assistant, Law Firm
Open thru September 1, 2014
Midtown law firm is seeking a Legal Assistant fluent in Mandarin and English to assist attorney with Chinese clientele. Law firm experience not required. Good opportunity to learn new skills and work with international and domestic business clients. Duties include preparing and processing documents, scheduling and coordinating appointments, meeting and small event planning, light errands, communications, general clerical duties (filing, faxing, copying) and general administrative support. Good people skills and willingness to learn are essential. Salary & benefits based on level of experience and skills.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
June 30th, 2014
Various Positions in Administration – Top 10 Chinese Real Estate Developer NY Office
Open thru July 15th, 2014
Head – Real Estate Development
Staff – Real Estate Development
Head – Asset Management
Staff – Asset Management
Head – Finance Department
Staff – Finance Department
Head – Marketing
Staff – Marketing
Head – Department of Administration
General Staff – Department of Administration
Head – Department of Human Resources
Staff – Department of Human Resources
For details, please refer to the PDF in the email. Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 3, 2014
Analyst and Internship – Real Estate Investment / Asset Management / Advisory
Open thru: April 30th, 2014
A boutique fast growing real estate investment, asset management and advisory firm headquartered in midtown Manhattan. We specialize in U.S.-China cross border real estate investments and focus on helping clients source best-in-class local partners and manage high quality commercial real estate investment properties, including multifamily, office, retail, hotel, condo development, residential land and etc. We help the clients to choose the projects with the best risk-adjusted returns and investment horizon, as well as create the best investment, legal and tax structure catering to clients’ needs. Meanwhile, we leverage our real estate capital market expertise and relationships to help selected private equity funds, developers, operators and/or individual transactions raise both equity and debt financing.
Our clients include high net worth individuals, family offices, private enterprise owners, state-owned companies, developers, private equity funds, trusts, insurance companies and etc.
In connection with continued growth of its real estate investment and advisory platform, the firm is seeking to hire both analyst level and intern candidates to join its team. Responsibilities will include acquisition underwriting, market analysis, investment memo and presentation, client relationship and general platform support.
The ideal candidates will have the following background:
– 1+ year experience in real estate investment or development or brokerage
– Experience working with real estate PE fund/owner/developer/operator/investor
– Experience with multiple real estate asset classes (e.g., residential, office, hotel)
– Strong acquisition underwriting and memo writing capabilities
– Strong interpersonal skills given the small and entrepreneurial team environment
– Organized and highly detail oriented
– Highly motivated and fast learner
– Passionate about real estate
– Preferably bi-lingual in both English and Mandarin Chinese
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.